Effective Date: February 16, 2021
Please read the following sections carefully to learn how we collect, use, disclose and store your information.
- The Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Information
- How We Disclose Your Information to Third Parties
- How Your Information Is Secured
- How Long Your Information Is Retained
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Children’s Privacy
- California Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
The Information We Collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This category includes information that would allow us to identify you personally. Some examples of personally identifiable information are:
a. your name
b. your address
c. our e-mail address
d. your phone number(s)
e. your birthdate
f. your account number
g. your insurance information
h. your family member or caregiver contact information.
2. Billing Information. This category includes information, such as your credit card number, that allow us to charge you for Services that you order.
3. Health Information. This category includes information about your mental and physical health. Some examples of health information include your prescriptions, diagnoses and how you are feeling.
4. Technical Information. This category includes information related to how you access the Services through your computer or mobile device. Some examples include website “traffic” data, your IP address (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer in order to use the Internet), the type of computer or device you are using and the internet browser you use.
5. Other Information: This category refers to information that does not directly identify a specific individual. Some examples of other information are:
a. Information relating to the total number of visitors to the Services, the number of visitors to a particular page of the Services
b. Certain technical information to diagnose problems with the Services
c. Demographic, geographic and other information that does not directly identify you, which may be used to improve our services or marketing efforts.
d. Aggregated and/or anonymized data that is derived from Personally Identifiable Information and is no longer identifiable to you.
How We Collect Information
- You provide us information. DUOS will collect information voluntarily provided to us by you, including when you:
a. Enroll in our Services either online or via a telephone call,
b. Interact with your Duo via email, phone call or in person,
c. Engage with the Member Network through the Services,
d. Share information with family members through the Services,
e. Complete a survey, information or service request, promotional contest, or participate in a give-away or by similar voluntary methods.
- We collect information about you from third parties. DUOS may collect information about your from third parties, including third-party platforms and/or service providers, and your Member Network.
How We Use Information
Information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services you request;
- To address Member inquiries or issues;
- To maintain Member accounts and dealings;
- To process Member payments;
- To customize and improve the Services;
- To facilitate connections and communications between you and DUOS, your Duo, your Member Network and/or third party service provider to which you request (e.g., Uber)
- To provide marketing and promotional efforts, including retargeting;
- To enforce agreements and comply with laws;
- For administrative purposes, including to notify you when updates to the Services are available or if there are any changes to these terms;
- To communicate and interact with social networking services (“SNS”) as further described herein;
- To create aggregate and anonymous information which may be used to create benchmark reports or analyze use of the Services and/or with respect to reporting obligations with DUOS’ Third Party Partners; and
- For any other purpose for which you consent.
You may opt out of receiving future promotional communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out: Our third-party advertising partners may collect data about your visits to the Services to help them better understand your advertising preferences, and provide you with offers they believe you will be interested in. You may opt out of receiving certain advertising tailored to you from third parties. If you would like to opt out of behavioral advertising or to learn more, please visit
- https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
How We Disclose Your Information to Third Parties
DUOS may share your information in the following situations:
- DUOS Operational Service Providers: We may share your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with third parties or affiliates to assist in our business operations or to provide the services you have requested. Examples include disclosing your information to our vendors that process payments, host our customer relationship management tool, or disclosing information to our cloud data warehouse provider to store your data. These service providers enter into contractual relationships with DUOS requiring these service providers to only use this information as necessary to provide the services to you and DUOS.
- Third Party Service Providers: In connection with the Services, we may help you obtain the services of other third parties, such as car-sharing services or grocery delivery services. We may share your information with these third party service providers upon your request. However, please note that these third party services are not under the control of DUOS and if you click on any links to such services, you understand and agree that those linked websites and services are subject to and governed by their own separate terms and privacy policies.
- Member Network: DUOS may share your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, with your Member Network, family members or other caregivers, as authorized by you, and as necessary to provide you with the Services. If you are a Member Network,, information you provide may be shared with the Member, and subject to the Member’s consent, may also be shared with other third parties (e.g., family members or caregivers of the Member).
- Business Transfers: We may share your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, as part, of or in connection with, a merger, acquisition, assignment, as part of debt financing, the sale of company assets, or in any similar transaction, or to the extent as may be required in the unlikely event of insolvency bankruptcy, or a receivership.
- Social Networks: Certain SNS may link-to the Services (e.g., Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn). These SNS maintain their own privacy policies and policies relating to data collection, retention and use, and to the extent that you elect to utilize the SNS linking within the Services, you acknowledge and agree to comply with any of these third party terms, in addition to acknowledging, that except where prohibited by law, DUOS is not liable or responsible for any use of the SNS that you elect to engage in. These SNS may receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with.
How Your Information Is Secured
- We employ safeguards designed to help preserve our Users’ security and privacy and to help prevent the misuse of any Personally Identifiable Information. These safeguards are consistent with industry standards. In addition to other procedural safeguards, we use security software (SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, technology) and firewalls to protect your information.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we can make no representations or warranties regarding the security of any data exchanged through the Services. There are potential security risks beyond our control. With this in mind, by using the Services you acknowledge that you are transmitting data through the Services at your own risk.
How Long Your Information Is Retained
We retain relevant Personally Identifiable Information related to your account and/or your business relationship with us pursuant to applicable federal and state rules and regulations and so long as retaining said Personally Identifiable Information is necessary including, but not limited to, the duration of time that you utilize the Services, the duration for which any amounts owed to DUOS are due by you, and a reasonable period after termination of any business relationship. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) may apply to information disclosed to DUOS directly from Covered Entities (as defined under HIPAA), including your healthcare provider and health plans. DUOS’ use of Protected Health Information (as defined under HIPAA) collected directly from your healthcare provider or health plan will comply with the applicable HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices. Please contact your health care provider or health plan for a copy of its HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices. For clarity, information that you provide directly to us is not governed by HIPAA.
We do not intentionally collect data from children under the age of 13. The Services is not directed to children under 13 and children under 13 should not use the Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected any such data, we will delete it as soon as possible.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review our California-specific privacy practices, available here: https://www.getduos.com/ccpa-policy
Email us at: email@example.com
Write us at: Duos Living, Inc., 85 5th Ave., FL 8, New York, NY 10003
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org write us at: Duos Living, Inc., 85 5th Ave., FL 8, New York, NY 10003